Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2018, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it comes down to the fact that, when we feel down, we well sabotage ourselves. And maybe that can also include seeing forces work against us that aren't working against us or that aren't working against us as much as we think they are.

I think of my mother when she's telling a story. She does have a habit of getting off track. A lot. And sometimes, my patience runs a bit thin with her, because I can't follow. In a way, I'm lucky that she's so good at not taking it personally when I lose patience.

If it were me, I would feel terrible, you know? But, really, I'm not angry at my mother or not wanting to hear what she has to say. I just have limits to my patience. And it's not her fault that she's the way she is either.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're right. I do tend to add up more and more that is working against me, and I take it personally, when it may not be that way.

I'm glad she doesn't take it personally when you run out of patience. Even though you lose patience, you guys clearly accept each other, as is.
There You'll Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

That's awful that you weren't responded to, Kim. Thankfully you've found a place on here where you are.

We always get most irritated by those closest to us I think, Sunny. My mum irritates me by telling me the same stories over and over. I could probably quote them word for word.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I can't quote my mother word for word, but that whole generation of my family is ridiculously predictable. And, you're right of course Claire, those closest to us push our buttons like no one else.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, family can get to us in a way no one else could ever think of.

So, I'm in the place where every aspect of my life sucks. On top of that the what's the point of life, or anything in it.

I'm waiting a couple of days, and if things aren't better, I'll get in to see my Dr. or nurse.

In the meantime, I'm going through the motions. Finding moments of joy though.
There You'll Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you're finding those moments of joy, Kim.

I'm also glad you can get help if you need to.

You seem to be really suffering right now, I hope it improves soon.

I get it though, I was again having those thoughts in my head today wondering what the point of living was. I hate depressive thoughts.
Reply   Post New Thread