Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2016, 11:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Degrassi Next Class- Episode 208- #RiseAndGrind (6-8 Aus, 9-6 Ca, 7-22 Netflix)

Rules -

1. No passing judgement or mocking the fans of characters or ships. Do not shame another poster for liking something you do not.
2. Please use constructive criticism. Try to focus on the episode itself. We encourage you to use our anti-threads if you need to express your overall dislike of a character or couple, especially since other boards at do not allow them. Take advantage of them here.
3. Do not ask for or discuss illegal downloads, especially including leaks (if they should occur). This includes links to episodes posted on YouTube and other non official video streaming sites. Discuss any links to download/live stream sources via private messaging.
4. Promos that air on television as well as online articles by reputable sources are not considered spoilers are are open for speculation. For more detailed information on spoilers read this thread.

Episode 8: #RiseAndGrind
June 8th, 8:45 PM AET (Australian Eastern Time) on ABC3 in Australia, and available July 22nd (streaming) on Netflix (worldwide, except Canada, Australia & France).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC3
When Maya asks Vijay to take down his cover of her song, he responds online, and his fans blow up at her. When a dancing opportunity presents itself to Zig, he's eager to prove himself and turns to Esme for help.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar

Last edited by kaleidocat; 09-06-2016 at 07:15 PM
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Extreme Fan

A Miles/Tristan episode.

So I guess the fact this about guy/guy sex is the reason the A-Plot wasn't advertised. Tristan was tolerable this episode, I'll give it that.

And Vijay was singing a song by Jude Harrison...so I guess this is confirmation that Instant Star and Degrassi are in the same universe? But then Aubrey and Stacey starred on the show as themsevles? IDK.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Gaah the Maya plot was cringey.

I kinda liked the Miles/Tristan one though because it gave an interesting point of view on same-sex relationships. Not all of us gays are promiscuous, but there's nothing wrong with being promiscuous either
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Tristan is a virgin? What exactly did he and Yates do? I do like that they gave us this plot with two guys, and yes, for someone, who's not a Tristan fan, he wasn't too bad in it.

Everyone loves Maya Matlin's songs, and I'll leave it at that.

A dancing plot and they give it to Zig and not Tiny?

It looks like we found something that Esme is actually serious about, and not just her wonderfully snarky self. Well, she couldn't completely keep that out of the picture.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:48 PM
New Fan

I'm surprised that Zoe and Miles had sex during Don't Look Back. I mean I had my suspicions about it previously, but it was never brought up and I just assumed they didn't. So that was an interesting detail they brought up.
ShaniaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:09 PM
Extreme Fan

I thought Tristan and Grant went all the way but maybe they stopped sort. Tristan is a technical virgin I guess since he thought he had that STI.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I also thought that Tristan went all the way with Grant and I kinda still think they meant it that way back then. That leads me to ask myself, why they didn´t want to bring it up again. Just because of the new Netflix audience? I mean, it´s something to be explained in a few sentences. And they could have made this plot around Tristan being insecure because of what happened with Grant.
Other than that I liked the story. Thank you Netflix that they´re allowed to bring such talks now. Miles´ cluelessness as to where the problem is, was even kinda funny to watch. And it´s nice to see that they can get their way around such things now.
I think it´s more and more a pity that Zoe isn´t into Winston. Those four made an interesting group of friends at the beginning of the episode. Nice to see a bit Hunter plot in it, too. I really laughed at Mrs Hollingsworth and Tristan being friends on facerange but I guess Tristan really does count as friend of the family now. I´d still like to have more episodes/season because I really would like to see some of the interaction between Tristan and the Hollingsworth family.

I´m with you that the dancing plot should have been for Tiny. And I get more and more the impression that Esme is used as mirror to the other characters. Last season it was Miles, this season it was Zoe and now Zig. It´s interesting how she can be a mirror to so many traits, but I also hope we´ll get more of who she really is. And I´d really like to see her dancing cause I think that´ll show her true self.

Maya´s plot, well... I don´t get Vijay´s popularity. He doesn´t have the power in his voice Maya has and it wasn´t quite original either. Just the scene where Maya talked to Vijay and Baaz was kinda funny.

Last edited by Okun; 07-26-2016 at 06:00 AM
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Zig dancing is hilarious. I could care less bout Esme though, stay away from him please.

Triles were HOTTTT. I seriously love them. I loved there entire plot and love that they were together.

sdfdsfsfs JUDE HARRISON COVER OMG. That was awesome!!!!

I kinda like the Maya/Peter thing. The whole Maya songwriter thing is cool.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'll be honest, I clicked on this principal's office because of Eric's beard in the thumbnail. So I wan't disappointed to hear the discussion about it. It was bittersweet to hear Stefan tell him that he can't keep it and questioned if Miles could get away with long hair.