Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2018, 02:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
And apparently he's there with the woman that we saw him walking with a couple of weeks ago. They were walking her dogs. I saw a pic on Twitter of them together and he was wearing the same clothes as in that pic.
Jodie Turner Smith. For what it's worth, she did tweet this last week -

Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
It was from a recent podcast Ruth did while promoting her new film The Little Stranger.

Link - http://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/...5b4cedd3b68a3c

Quote:
On where the series could go next, she said, “I don’t really know. I’m not even sure who’s in the next season - I know that Dom [Dominic West] and Maura [Tierney] are doing it, I don’t know if Josh [Joshua Jackson] is.

“I hope it will come full circle in some way. It’ll probably come back to Noah and Helen somehow resolving. I don’t know what the audience wants - they probably want some kind of happiness, right? They probably want some sort of payoff for all the pain.”

Reflecting back on her time on the show, Wilson said that her fondest memories are “always with the actors”, continuing: “They were incredible. I had so much fun with Dominic and Josh and Maura. The four of us had good times and supported each other.

“Out in Montauk, on the beach, we had various bonfires on the beach. I actually hosted a wake on the beach when my character died! I knew there were going to be loads of actors from the show coming in for the funeral so I thought I’d host a party. We had it at the Clam Bar and then we had a bonfire on the beach afterwards. It was very fun.”

Love that the main four loved spending together. They are nice words from Ruth about her costars.

So, it seems we don't know if Josh is going to be in season 5. They start shooting in a week or so. Looks like the only way we will know if he is going to be in season 5, is if we see him filming.
aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, a lot of people think he's out for S5 just because Alison is gone. Sarah Treem did make a comment last month saying Alison's story is far from over.

About her interview - I liked how Ruth said she hosted a "wake" at the beach as a farewell party with all the cast members (except for Maura and Omar, who were in LA.)
Old 09-24-2018, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was very disappointing to read.

Joshua Jackson Will Likely Not Return to 'The Affair' for Season 5: Source (Exclusive)

But, apparently Sarah Treem is still hoping to get Josh signed on for S5

http://www.etonline.com/joshua-jack....co/FuOQolOWMx

Quote:
The source also heard that Jackson was originally not supposed to return to The Affair beyond season three, but eventually agreed to sign back on after being pitched season four. Additionally, the source heard that series creator Sarah Treem has a plan for a potential one episode return of Jackson's character and is still trying to get him back for the final season, but "he left on very distinct terms" and does not want to return.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah I'm not surprised, with Alison dying what is Cole's role left, it was kind of a fitting end with Cole and Joannie leaving to spend time together to heal
Old 09-25-2018, 03:51 AM
Extreme Fan

I wonder who this "source" is that revealed supposed confidential information regarding Josh's status on the show?

My view on this - if this is true, and involving Ruth's departure too - according to the article, Josh almost left after S3 and had to fight for better material and more episodes in S4 (which he did get.)

When they pitched S5 to Josh, they probably told him he'll be in only one episode or a greatly reduced role and he wasn't cool with that (I wouldn't be either if I was an established actor like Josh.)

Season 3 was such a disaster (not the Cole/Alison episodes, though.) Being that Noah was in most of the episodes, and Ruth was in only 5/10 eps and Josh in 3/10 eps - I can see both of them wanting to leave the series. Ruth wanted to leave, and Josh almost left. Citing creative differences, and showrunner Sarah Treem being stubborn and egotistic, I can see why Josh and Ruth wanted to bail. Really, it's disappointing because I loved Cole and Alison, but doesn't surprise me at all.

I wonder if this was one of the things they discussed when they had their 8 hour wine date in August 2006. This was the same day as the first table read for Season 3. They were wearing the exact same clothes as in the photo of the table read that Sarah tweeted.

Last edited by Conway1; 09-25-2018 at 04:07 AM
Old 09-25-2018, 07:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
I wonder who this "source" is that revealed supposed confidential information regarding Josh's status on the show?

My view on this - if this is true, and involving Ruth's departure too - according to the article, Josh almost left after S3 and had to fight for better material and more episodes in S4 (which he did get.)

When they pitched S5 to Josh, they probably told him he'll be in only one episode or a greatly reduced role and he wasn't cool with that (I wouldn't be either if I was an established actor like Josh.)
That's major information given about his contract. Why couldn't Sarah have just made an announcement. It's not really nice when you get articles like this. They are starting filming soon as per info from Conway1 and Sarah has been writing episodes for months now. I suppose if they are only writing one episode for him, his participation doesn't need to be confirmed at the beginning, unlike the others who will be in it a lot more. But still, this is being portrayed as him being difficult, which I don't think is the case.

Here's my take: The show was originally three seasons wasn't it, so I'm assuming they all signed on for three seasons. Then they got season 4, which they would have had to renegotiate with them again, except Ruth wanted out. That changed what Sarah had in mind going forward which I don't know whether had included Cole or not. Sarah had to change the story, she said as much going forward, and hence they pitched to Josh to come back for season 4 because they needed him for Alison's send off. Then they got season 5, and we know Dom, Maura, the teacher and probably his son are back and Noah's kids will be there also. Having Cole back for one episode seems pointless, because the ending for him at the end of season 4 seems perfect.

This whole thing is disappointing I agree.
aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Agreed, aussiechic. That sounds right. I remember Sarah saying The Affair was a three season show back in 2014. I think due to the mess that was season 3 (and the delay in scripts and filming due to Sarah getting pregnant) probably didn't sit well with Ruth and Josh, as they had other projects and probably had to reschedule.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

so its true....?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2018/09/th...kson-eyes.html

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
ryanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

http://ew.com/tv/2018/09/25/joshua-...ng-the-affair/
dp sorry

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
ryanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked reading the comments in that article. They all seem to be Josh fans.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Just like when Ruth left, Josh is getting a lot of positive support on SM comments.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shiv Aroor
Verified account
@ShivAroor
16h16 hours ago
Just finished Season 4 of #TheAffair. It’s one of the finest seasons of any show I’ve ever watched — and easily the best of the show so far. If Joshua Jackson & Maura Tierney don’t win awards, the world is rigged.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Whilst watching catch up tv I saw an ad for the first 3 seasons of The Affair on Virgin cable channel on their box sets. Dom Ruth and Josh were all shown.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I love that picture so much. It's too bad half of that Fab Four will be gone.

I do hope Josh, Maura and even Ruth get noms next year. Josh was excellent in Episode 8 and Ruth was great in Episode 9.
Reply   Post New Thread