Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2018, 04:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Ruth will also be starring in a film about her grandmother (film is called "Mrs. Wilson.") I'm looking forward to that also.

Yesterday, besides appearing on CBS This Morning, she also did a lot of promo work for The Little Stranger, the New York Premiere was last night also.

Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Whoa...sexual harrasment?

Exclusive: Ruth Wilson’s Exit from Showtime’s “The Affair” Was About #Metoo, Not Pay Parity After All | Showbiz411

But lets be relieved to hear this -

Quote:
Now I can tell you that whatever happened to Wilson on “The Affair” was not about pay parity. It was about #Metoo. I am told that an incident on set led to her demand to be let out of her contract. The incident did not involve either of her male co-stars, Joshua Jackson or Dominic West.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Well that is is surprising. I can't believe with all the outings lately that there are some guys trying to get away with Sexual Harassment.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

I would think that this has left a bad feeling on the whole group, seeing that they were so close. (or so we were led to believe). If one of my colleagues was harassed in this way I would certainly have had something to say. Why did Ruth have to go and not the guy? It really stinks!
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I know back in January there was an incident with a 2nd unit director and Alison's stand-in. But, if anything happened, it was before filming of S4, so who knows.

As for the 4 main cast, I still think they are friends, as showed with the cake picture on Ruth's last day (and Josh was probably in NY and/or not filming that day, since it was at Vic and Helen's house in LA.)
Old 08-19-2018, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Well that is is surprising. I can't believe with all the outings lately that there are some guys trying to get away with Sexual Harassment.
If its true i'm so sorry for Ruth...damn with all Weinstern affair ..thing need to stop!!

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
ryanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
I know back in January there was an incident with a 2nd unit director and Alison's stand-in. But, if anything happened, it was before filming of S4, so who knows.

As for the 4 main cast, I still think they are friends, as showed with the cake picture on Ruth's last day (and Josh was probably in NY and/or not filming that day, since it was at Vic and Helen's house in LA.)

The incident with Alison's stand-in happened a few seasons ago. It was in the press earlier in the year because she was suing Showtime, the production company and the A/D. It came to light because of that. This incident is also mentioned in the above article (you saw that, yes).

Josh may not have been there for Ruth's last day because he was not on set. However, he was with Ruth and Dominic a week after he came back from India, they were out in LA, on 17th November. There were pics. I'm assuming that was her last get together, because she was at an event in London on the 4th December. I think there were two photos posted here but only found this one http://www.instagram.com/p/BbnAx5xF...by=edgarwright.

Last edited by aussiechic; 08-19-2018 at 05:52 AM
aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that pic, I don't recall if I knew about that outing or not since it was so long ago.

Some pics from tonight's episode. They aren't really spoilers since we saw the BTS pics of these months ago.

Last edited by JJH85; 08-19-2018 at 10:00 PM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
The incident with Alison's stand-in happened a few seasons ago. It was in the press earlier in the year because she was suing Showtime, the production company and the A/D. It came to light because of that. This incident is also mentioned in the above article (you saw that, yes).

Josh may not have been there for Ruth's last day because he was not on set. However, he was with Ruth and Dominic a week after he came back from India, they were out in LA, on 17th November. There were pics. I'm assuming that was her last get together, because she was at an event in London on the 4th December. I think there were two photos posted here but only found this one http://www.instagram.com/p/BbnAx5xF...by=edgarwright.
Thanks, I remember that pic now. Of course I really didn't think much of it at the time as we didn't know Ruth was leaving the show .

The timeline is certainly correct, as they filmed Season 4 last Fall (August-November 2017) as Sarah said they filmed all of Ruth's scenes first. So that pic of the cake w/ Ruth, Maura, Dom and Omar was probably in September or October.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:37 AM
Extreme Fan

The Affair's cast talks about Alison's death and Ruth said it was a pleasure to work with Josh, Dom and Maura.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV5uOBlCrh8

Old 08-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

One bit of good news (for UK fans). The last 2 episodes will be shown tomorrow night.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
One bit of good news (for UK fans). The last 2 episodes will be shown tomorrow night.
That's great news. Enjoy!!

http://cartermatt.com/322983/the-af...my-contenders/

Quote:
Can you make a case easily for Joshua Jackson, Maura Tierney, Ruth Wilson, and Dominic west as contenders next year? We certainly think so, especially after the performances of the past three episodes alone. We would probably put Jackson at the top of his category for his work at Cole this season, largely because it brought so many different dimensions to the series: Introspection, pain, longing, and regret. His performance was both physical and emotional, as he was left to cope not only with the loss of someone he loved dearly, but also the fact that he didn’t express it to her enough.
This is a recap of the final episode. http://tvline.com/2018/08/19/the-af...al-episode-10/

Last edited by JJH85; 08-20-2018 at 07:12 PM
Old 08-21-2018, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Thanks for the articles and pics.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Always & Forever

Moderator of ...
Disney

Love that article.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 4 has been getting so much positive feedback and Josh has been singled out a lot in the comments I've seen. I loved Season 4 myself and even though they killed off Alison, I feel it was the right way to go. I never felt she was good for Cole, so this end result just might be the only way for him to actually get over her and truly move on, whether it's with Luisa or not.

I am curious to see where Cole's story takes him and I am also a little invested in finding out how Helen and Noah make out in their own relationship next season. They have this love/hate relationship which I find a little entertaining.

Here is a video where folks talk about the Final episode. I watched a couple of these from previous seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSd5...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by JJH85; 08-22-2018 at 08:13 PM
Reply   Post New Thread