Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2018, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This is the first flu shot I've ever gotten. I'm definitely not an anti vaxxer and I understand the need for some people to get them. I didn't really think I needed one but if I was there, why not.

This was the largest voter turnout in Michigan in 50 something years. I think the fact that our state was a deciding factor in electing Trump really spurred people into action, there may not have been a blue wave all over the US but there was here.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
It's almost 2 am now and many of the returns are in. There appear to be many who are perfectly happy with our government. I wish I understood how.
That was kind of what I was trying to say. It is startling to me how many people are racist, sexest, and plain ignorant (in the true sense of the word) when it comes to politics. People that I would never have thought. Bob Menendez was re-elected here despite some pretty bad accusations against him. The joke was.. "Hold your nose, and vote Democrat," just so Trump wouldn't have support. That's exactly what I did.

I don't do flu shots either.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

I had the flu injection when I was pregnant but they only get offered to certain groups over here. I think it is over 60's and young children, pregnant women and people with underlying health conditions. I got a letter to take Connie in, but not Elsie. But for little ones it's just a nasal spray. I haven't decided whether to take her or not yet but I probably will.

Yeah let's hope this rallies people around for 2020 to get Trump out of the White House!
ThirtyThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There's a higher dose given to 65+ and those who have compromised immune systems. I just figured what the heck, if I'm there and they're offering I might as well get it. I'm not even going to jinx myself by saying when the last time I truly had the flu was but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

He acted like a child who lost a game on the playground yesterday during that press conference. Everything about him and his administration is a constant embarrassment.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oldest minion just watched a particularly distressing episode of vampire diaries, season 5. She has just declared that VD is officially in the freezer. Until it gets freezerburn she said.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I gave up after season 2, maybe? I don't remember much after season one. I was obsessed and then just lost interest.

My stupid computer isn't charging properly, I'm hoping that it's the power cord. I'm 70% sure it is. I guess I find out tomorrow at my Genius Bar appointment.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:05 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Oldest minion just watched a particularly distressing episode of vampire diaries, season 5. She has just declared that VD is officially in the freezer. Until it gets freezerburn she said.
Seasons 1-4 were the best, but tell her to keep going. Paul Wesley has two new shows out right now. Tell Me a Story is pretty good. The second episode aired on Thursday but I haven't watched yet. Then he is also in a Netflix shows called Medal of Honor or something like that.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Snowed here this morning for the first time this season. Give me a few more months of it and I'm over it. I still have pumpkins and mums on my porch that are now buried under snow.

But it is pretty.

I'm rewatching Parks and Recreation right now but might start the latest season of House of Cards. I'm interested to see how they do it without Kevin Spacey.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 11-09-2018 at 11:12 AM
Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh wow!!! Snow!!! That's crazy to me! It's 53 here today and down to 34 tonight, that's cold for us and NOT typical November weather.

I think I stopped watching VD at the end of season 5.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Amanda that looks amazing! We sometimes get snow but not usually until later. This year we had a few bad weeks in March with loads of the schools being closed etc.

I have never watched Vampire Diaries. I'm not into that sort of thing.

I'm aware this show is really old, but I just started watching Brothers and Sisters tonight. Has anyone watched it? I first tried earlier in the year as soon as I finished Parenthood as I figured it's a pretty similar show. . . But I just couldn't get into it at the time. Good thing really as that led me to discovering FNL and, subsequently, Taylor!
Old 11-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So I vaguely remember watching Brothers and Sisters when it aired. For at least a little bit. The cast is great, I just couldn't tell you anything about it now.

Snow flakes around this time isn't unusual, snow that sticks is unusual, but this didn't really stick past this afternoon. It was still snowy on the grass but everything else had melted. It was enough to make my dog really really happy. He loves the snow.

I had to go to the Apple store to an appointment to see if the issue with my computer was the power cord or the port on my computer, luckily it was a $20 problem (needing a new cord) and not a $1300 problem (needing a new computer). They had all the Christmas decorations up already, I guess Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away, Christmas just seems so far off. Then again, it did snow today.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's lucky about the computer!

On Tuesday it will be 6 weeks for Christmas so it's not that long really! I love Christmas! I'm mostly done buying for the girls. It's just annoying that some of the things I got them are now on 3 for 2 at one of the big retailers. Technically, I could return what I've already bought and then re-buy to save some cash but it seems like a lot of hassle!
Old 11-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Glad it was an easy fix on the computer.

The kids want snacks, I’m about to head to the store to get ingredients for Chex Mix, or as we call it, TV trash. I’m still off from the time change. It seems like 5 pm already. And they want chocolate chip cookies.

It’s in the 40s today but it’s sunny! Yay Fall!
Old 11-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It snowed again last night and this morning. I still have pots outside with flowers in them and my hoses, I need to get them in the garage but they're all frozen right now. The lows have been in the 20's. It's cold.

I felt productive this morning and cleaned the house and my closest, now I'm just watching football and waiting for football to end to run errands.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's been quiet on here this weekend. Has everyone had a good weekend? I haven't been up to much. I took the girls to a Remembrance Day parade/service this morning. That's about it really.

My husband spent the whole of yesterday in bed. Because he has what I would describe as a cold. Sigh. . .
Reply   Post New Thread