Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 05:05 PM
  #16
Addicted Fan

 
Amorith's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,012
Hi Carmen,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to make this decision, given that you've been a mod to this board for just a few months, and being left alone with it since Dimple stepped down, which is also sad, but school comes first.

And I'm more ashamed, that I wasn't around to help you guys to keep this board going, please forgive me.
It's just, that I haven't that much time to post on . I stop by only to keep the campaign active, which I started on the request board, it's kind of my responsibility you know.

Back then as it was announced that the show got cancelled, Dimple and I talked about a possible board closure, since we were the only posters and we saw no sense in it to continue. Some people responded and gave their support to continue, so Dimple continued.
But I told her, that I wouldn't have that much time to post on regularly basis and that I also lost the pleasure to talk about a show, which got cancelled.

Nevertheless we made it to 10k and the board continued with its old and new posters. I saw that you anticipated a lot on this board, guess you couldn't escape from Dimple's charme, am I right? She's so infective.
And I was happy Dimple did get a co-mod on this board.

Then I saw that Dimple has stepped down and somehow i knew that it would be the end of this board, since you two were basically the posters here. I'm so sorry it to came to this Carmen, but as you said you had no other choice and no one can blame you for making this decision, believe me you did the right thing, even if it makes us sad.

This board had a great run, it made it to its first Anniversary, this is a huge accomplishment, given that the show is over since March 2012.



Thanks everyone for anticipating on this board, to our wonderful Temp mod Nikki, who is just our Rock on the Rock! Thank you dear, for your time being here as temp mod and as poster, you above all didn't let us down nor left us alone, bless you.



Dimple
I wish you all the best, I know you're busy with school, don't forget about us, hope to see you back on . Never lose your energy, passion and kindness.


Carmen I'm sorry we hadn't the chance to meet properly and to post together on this board. Maybe another board, another time.
Thank you sooooo much for your dedication on this board, it made it to its anniversary with your support, you can really be proud of yourself.
I wish you good luck for the future, take care.


Last but not least, it was great to meet Jorge Garcia here and posting with him. You're such a great guy, hope to see you and the rest of the Alcatraz cast in another show and hopefully back here on .
__________________
No Law
No Mercy
No Remorse
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon

Last edited by Amorith; 01-18-2013 at 05:22 PM
Amorith is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 03:44 AM
  #17
Fan Forum Hero

 
Hot Rod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 97,085
I`m so sorry that you`re going to close the board soon Carmen. I also feel plenty of shame for not being around here more often. Still this board had a pretty good run and i hope that a lot of people will be dropping by to send it out in style.
__________________
Hot Rod is online now  
Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 AM
  #18
Fan Forum Star

 
In Omnia Paratus's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 205,378
Thank you so much for stopping by Amorith Your words mean so much to me, as you were a main poster here with Dimple for a long time. Do not feel guilty for not being around, just like with Dimple, school comes first for you too And with the holidays just being over, it was extra busy for everyone. I did think about trying to keep the board going for a while without Dimple, but we would just end up on the low count list and be forced to close, and that would hurt even worse.

Quote:
I saw that you anticipated a lot on this board, guess you couldn't escape from Dimple's charme, am I right? She's so infective.
And I was happy Dimple did get a co-mod on this board.
You are right about that she is the most energetic poster I know, doesn't seem the same without her. I miss her terribly. Dimple helped me so much at my Wentworth board, so I decided to help her out over here and ended up loving the show so much that I applied to be her co mod. We talked about keeping this board alive for a long time to come. But school comes first, and I know she had internet issues so that is not her fault. It was a real pleasure modding this board, despite it being such a short while. Wish it could have been longer, but alas, wasn't in the cards.

It is a pity I wasn't around when you were able to post more Amorith, as you seem like a great person I am always late to the game, getting into shows either after they are cancelled or they have been on the air for a long time. I am hoping our paths cross again. Thanks again for stopping by, I was really hoping you would, your words mean more to me then you will ever know

Thanks for stopping by Rod This has been the fate of so many boards lately, such a shame. Hopefully that bad trend stops soon. No need to feel guilty , with 3 boards I am sure you are plenty busy yourself
__________________
Carmen
icon
In Omnia Paratus is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 05:12 PM
  #19
Addicted Fan

 
Amorith's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side (View Post)
Thank you so much for stopping by Amorith Your words mean so much to me, as you were a main poster here with Dimple for a long time. Do not feel guilty for not being around, just like with Dimple, school comes first for you too And with the holidays just being over, it was extra busy for everyone. I did think about trying to keep the board going for a while without Dimple, but we would just end up on the low count list and be forced to close, and that would hurt even worse.
Aww you're too kind dear! I wouldn't have forgive myself, if I hadn't stop by to say goodbye at least.

This board was sort of my first baby you know, being here since day 2, I guess.
Back then we had a lot of posters here and I thought the show did pretty good, but after a time the ratings dropped and so did the posters.

We were basically two posters and three temp mods here. Gosh, what a time it was. I'm not sure if any temp mod - for the new forums section - had ever an assignment to mod a new forum for almost 4 -5 months. That was about the time Nikki and Co were here.

I had a great time on this board, met a lot of good people here.
And it truly makes me sad to see this board go, but as you said it's better to end it this way rather to end up on the Low Post Count List, which this board was never on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side (View Post)
You are right about that she is the most energetic poster I know, doesn't seem the same without her. I miss her terribly. Dimple helped me so much at my Wentworth board, so I decided to help her out over here and ended up loving the show so much that I applied to be her co mod. We talked about keeping this board alive for a long time to come. But school comes first, and I know she had internet issues so that is not her fault. It was a real pleasure modding this board, despite it being such a short while. Wish it could have been longer, but alas, wasn't in the cards.
She really is. And she can be really persuasive, see, she did get you to be her co-mod. I know that the two of you would have kept this board alive, but eventually you guys would've been tired to post for yourselves. That's not what this forum is about, that only the mods keep doing the posting.

I have a huge respect for all the mods on It's kind of second full time job, you have to be commited to it, otherwise it doesn't work, you have to be sure you're all into this. I understand that sometimes you just don't have enough time to post, but as a mod you have the responsibility.

And I say it again, it was the right decision you made, don't be too sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side (View Post)
It is a pity I wasn't around when you were able to post more Amorith, as you seem like a great person I am always late to the game, getting into shows either after they are cancelled or they have been on the air for a long time. I am hoping our paths cross again. Thanks again for stopping by, I was really hoping you would, your words mean more to me then you will ever know
Aww, I'm so sorry dear. I wish I had stop by to post with you too, but as I said before I haven't had that much time, RL sucks sometimes.

Another board, another time hopefully, anyways it was nice meeting you Carmen and I wish you all the best dear, you're truly a dedicated mod and you should be proud of yourself. And thanks for your kind words, that means a lot to me as well. See ya.
__________________
No Law
No Mercy
No Remorse
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon
Amorith is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 PM
  #20
Fan Forum Star

 
In Omnia Paratus's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 205,378
Quote:
And it truly makes me sad to see this board go, but as you said it's better to end it this way rather to end up on the Low Post Count List, which this board was never on.
I am so proud that we were never on the Low Post Count List. It was a very close call last month, but we pulled through and barely made it, but we made it so that is all that matters. I would much rather do it on our own terms, then be forced to close.

Quote:
I have a huge respect for all the mods on It's kind of second full time job, you have to be commited to it, otherwise it doesn't work, you have to be sure you're all into this. I understand that sometimes you just don't have enough time to post, but as a mod you have the responsibility.
Aw that is nice of you to say It is a big commitment, but very much worth it. It is something you have to have your whole heart into, but it is well worth it. I have met some incredible people through , people with some very big hearts. It is a lot of responsibility, but we all love and enjoy it. I don't really feel that it is a job, even though it technically is, but that is because I enjoy it so much.

Take care of yourself Rock family I am going to go before I start crying I know I made the right decision, I don't regret it, but it is still depressing. I hope this is the only time I have to go through this with a board. Goodbye, you amazing amazing little board.
__________________
Carmen
icon
In Omnia Paratus is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM
  #21
MST Manager

 
NikNak's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 104,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorith (View Post)
Thanks everyone for anticipating on this board, to our wonderful Temp mod Nikki, who is just our Rock on the Rock! Thank you dear, for your time being here as temp mod and as poster, you above all didn't let us down nor left us alone, bless you.

Aww, you're an absolutely sweetheart! Thanks so much for your kind words. I am so glad that you stopped by before the board closes. Glad you're doing well and I hope to see you around more on other boards.

Take care, everyone. It's been a blast.
__________________
"...but I still like to think there is something about Pacey and me that no one can ever quite touch."
NikNak is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 06:29 AM
  #22
Fan Forum Star

 
In Omnia Paratus's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 205,378
Today is the day It has been a fun ride everyone Just wanted to post one last time.
__________________
Carmen
icon
In Omnia Paratus is offline  
 

Bookmarks



Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST