Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

I hope the episode order doesn't get cut. Even if this is the last season, I want them to have time to wrap up storylines and I think they need the full 22 eps to do that, especially since they have already filmed the first 10.

I'm expecting the ratings to drop again this week but mostly because of the World Series. Also Blindspot premieres this week opposite Once.

Looking at some of the comments on the Once facebook page, I don't think the Cinderella story is going over too well. I'm sure losing Ginny, Josh, JMo, and Emilie hurt, but I think the lack of interest in the new "main" storyline is hurting them more.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have visited the FB comment section too, Sherry. And you are correct, on the OUAT page, one of the main complaints is about the Cinderella arc. People are not relating to Dania in the role, her interpretation is 'too rough' I have read, and the other criticism I see is that s7 is boring because it's just rehashing s1 all over again.

But I do agree, regardless of the fate of the show, we need the full 22 episodes to get a decent conclusion to the story for s7. I think I would be more upset about an episode order cut back than I would of no s8.

I also think moving to Friday didn't help the show because I noticed the numbers go up way more for the DVR'ing.

Icon by: Suz (Madame Regal)

Last edited by GrhmLz; 10-26-2017 at 01:42 PM
GrhmLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I also think moving to Friday didn't help the show because I noticed the numbers go up way more for the DVR'ing.
Definitely. People are more likely to be home on a Sunday evening than they are on a Friday evening, especially the 20something group which I think makes up a lot of Once's viewership. It doesn't mean people don't watch, it just means they don't watch live. I did read that Friday night shows have about 30% lower ratings expectations than Sunday through Thurday. A 0.5 on Sunday night would have us in the "sure to be canceled" category by now.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I read that about Friday nights too. I also wonder how much they take the DVR or online viewing into consideration because I have noticed for a lot of networks & TV shows, live ratings are not what they used to be.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

well they always said that friday night is the where the shows go to die.

and i agree that they should have explored ronis rogers and the detectives arc first too. and then woved that others into it. slowly one by one

Team Regina - Team Ivy - Team Annaliese & Eve

Lana Maria Parrilla | RuPauls Drag Race Campaign

Madame Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I read that about Friday nights too. I also wonder how much they take the DVR or online viewing into consideration because I have noticed for a lot of networks & TV shows, live ratings are not what they used to be.
The only shows I watch live are Once and sometimes The Shannara Chronicles. Everything else I watch on DVR. I think that's how most people watch TV now or they use streaming services.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Suz, I have heard that too about Friday nights. I think sometimes it happens, other times it does not. I think the main reason they moved OUAT from Sunday was because they have AI coming back in 2018 and they needed the timeslot for it. Otherwise, OUAT might have kept it's spot. Ratings vastly declined in s5 and continued in s6 yet they never moved the show to another night.

Sherry, my cable has On Demand so I don't even have to DVR. If I miss a show, I can watch off of the On Demand menu to catch up, which I do alot for other shows. I watch OUAT, The Exorcist, The Shannara Chronicles live right now but other shows that fall in the same timeslot, I use On Demand for, like Channel Zero on SyFy (ie. It just ended).

The thing about live ratings is it has to do with the advertisments. But Nielsen ratings are not really representing everybody watching a show because it only counts those with the box. In actuality, we can have more viewers than calculated.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for all the info on the ratings
Old 11-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The thing about live ratings is it has to do with the advertisments. But Nielsen ratings are not really representing everybody watching a show because it only counts those with the box. In actuality, we can have more viewers than calculated.
Yeah advertisers only care about live viewing because those are the only people watching the commercials.

I imagine by now Lana probably has some ideas in mind of what she wants to do after Once.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Suz, I have heard that too about Friday nights. I think sometimes it happens, other times it does not. I think the main reason they moved OUAT from Sunday was because they have AI coming back in 2018 and they needed the timeslot for it. Otherwise, OUAT might have kept it's spot. Ratings vastly declined in s5 and continued in s6 yet they never moved the show to another night.

Sherry, my cable has On Demand so I don't even have to DVR. If I miss a show, I can watch off of the On Demand menu to catch up, which I do alot for other shows. I watch OUAT, The Exorcist, The Shannara Chronicles live right now but other shows that fall in the same timeslot, I use On Demand for, like Channel Zero on SyFy (ie. It just ended).

true they havent moved it before but back then they knew they want to continue the show.. i think that by now they kinda know that season 7 could / will be last and just didnt care about the move. of course AI is a reason too I agree.

I agree with the people who said they couldnt get into the cinderella arc and i also agree that I dont connect dania with the role. not because we already had a cinderella back in season 1 (tho THAT also IS a reason. i mean we had a cinderella.. she had a daughter.. bla bla.. now a different one is one the loose? so i really dont get it. if they at least would have used another character for the role as henrys love interest and mother of lucy. Pocahontas for example.. it wouldnt be an issue for me

Old 11-04-2017, 05:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

I don't know why they brought another Cinderella into the show they have so many characters they could have chosen. As you said we already have a Cinderella storyline in S1 which I loved.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:37 AM
Master Fan

There was a lot of speculation she would be Elena of Avalor. I think that would have been a good choice rather than re-doing characters they've already done. Also I'm not buying that she and Henry are "epic true love". I just don't see it.

Suz, I think the show was likely moved to Friday because of American Idol.

If this is the last season for Once, I hope Lana will have another project soon after.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't feel the connection of epic true love yet either not like I did with Charmings, OQ, Rumbelle and Captain Swan but maybe I will see it in time.

I hope that Lana will have a long career after ONCE has ended whenever that will be.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Anything would have been better than cinderella - anything.

Dont feel the true love part either. There were more sparks between tiana and hook lol

I think after once ends lana will do it like rva longoria and go into producing or get her own clothing or perfume line lol

Old 11-05-2017, 03:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yes there are more sparks between Hook 2.0 and Tiana than Henry and Cinderella lol

I would be happy if Lana had a clothing range and fragrance I would definitely buy those but I would still love her to be on our screens somehow