Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Agree with that...

And me too... Its been amazing weather today and Will continue with it the rest of the week...
Because we will always have Cannes 2012...R♥K
EmmaKillianFourTrisChristianAnaRobertKristen
x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Can You Spare a Brain?

It was our last day of the heatwave today, rain from tomorrow apparently. I hope you enjoy your week left of hot weather!

Jade . Arts . Other . Lily James
sourburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

So, apparently, my mom is unhappy with my mom job now. It's an hourly pay, I knew that when I took it. I'm not even three months yet and she's complaining that it's only hourly pay. What I don't want to happen is that I quit this job and go over a year, looking for a new one.

Yes, it sucks I only get paid when there's work from the client but at least, I know I have a job and it's not a short contract or an internship.

It's just so frustrating and sad that its not good enough for her. We had a fight about it tonight, and it's making me cry. From November last year until this past August, I was applying to jobs, got interviews but I didn't get the position. I don't want to be in another rut where I have to look for another job just to make my mom happy.

She also had the gall to tell me, if you have nothing to do, just go home. I'm yeah, no, I'm not doing that. That will probably get me fired before I even have the chance to reach three months. I'm on call when I'm there basically. I can't just go home. Of course, I'm not going to work when there's holidays because the office is physically closed then.

Last edited by obisgirl; 10-10-2018 at 04:19 PM
obisgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Can You Spare a Brain?

I don’t see what it’s got to do with her. Just ignore her for a bit and stop visiting. I get where she’s coming from, she probably just wants you in a secure job that will help you to pay your bills. Because if not she will think you’ll move back home. But if she said it in a rude way just stop visiting her because it just sounds like all she does is cause you grief.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Do you live with your mom?
Old 10-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

I live at home, so I have to deal with her all the time. She did fortunately, apologize, but she can be a bit much sometimes.

She has been nagging me since yesterday to see my timesheet and today, after she picked me up, it's been non-stop about my timesheet; even after I said a billion times that I know what to do now. I think she gets it now, after I had to have a crying meltdown. That's like Defcon 5, making me cry when I'm stressed. I'm better now, but my eyes are going to be puffy red tomorrow because of her.

Did I tell you all about the time, she went on and on about how I should get married? Yeah, not a financially smart thing to do when I don't have a full-time job -- many months ago. I also needed to have crying meltdown to get her off my back. Filipino moms, I swear, I hope I'm never like this to my own kid one day. It would just infuriate him or her and I don't want to be like that.

Last edited by obisgirl; 10-10-2018 at 06:44 PM
Old 10-11-2018, 05:35 AM
Can You Spare a Brain?

Yes, you told us about getting married. I don't know why you let her get to you. If you're over 18 she has no right to ask to see anything and definitely not a time sheet so just be the adult in the situation and say no. And when she asks questions don't answer. She'll soon see that she can't get through to you. And it's just not Filipino moms, I think it's all moms because mine used to do it when I was a teenager, but she soon learned I won't take her bs.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

yea, asking to see the time sheet is controlling up the wazoo. You're an adult, not a high school student. She has no right to see your time sheet.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
It was our last day of the heatwave today, rain from tomorrow apparently. I hope you enjoy your week left of hot weather!
That sucks... Or from the smiley you Posted, I guess your Looking forward to it the rain...
And thanks hun... I will since I am gonna visit my dad...
Old 10-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with everyone else, obis. It sounds like your mum is a control freak. I understand why it upsets you. I had a rocky relationship with my mum before I moved out, and now we hardly talk. It's not a easy relationship for sure.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Can You Spare a Brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x (View Post)
That sucks... Or from the smiley you Posted, I guess your Looking forward to it the rain...
And thanks hun... I will since I am gonna visit my dad...
Definitely. I'd kill for some rain. It only sprinkled for about 15 minutes. Such a let down. i hope it goes okay visiting your dad.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

She definitely has a controlling nature. It must infuriate her when I stand up to her, but seriously, sometimes she just doesn't know when to back-off either. I asked her multiple times yesterday not to worry, I know how to deal with my timesheet. She kept on baiting me and baiting me.

She's like, I'm stubborn. Oh wow, really, I'm the only one who's stubborn in this situation when she refuses to back off herself?! She even threatened not to take me to metro so I can go to work. She did apologize, but I woke up this morning, the hurt was still raw. I'm better now.

She puts me through so much drama sometimes. Most of it totally unnecessary, I might add.

There was other time, like five years ago, again, this was during a period I was looking for work after I had laid off, and she was calling me a failure and making me feel horrible about myself and this on my little niece's birthday, which is why I remember it so well. I cried the whole time in the car on the way to my cousin's house. My mom didn't come with because I told her, I didn't want to be around her. She apologized for that too eventually but I felt horrible the whole time.

There was another time, drama happened because of a lack of communication. My dad needed help with something and then my mom wanted me to watch this video about the stigmata, but I had to leave her momentarily to help my dad and she had a temper tantrum over that and locked herself in her room for three days. I don't think I did anything wrong here, my dad asked me for help; she just happened to be not listening to that part of the conversation but I ended up having to apologize to her for walking away. I wasn't doing it on purpose, although the video made me feel queasy. During that incident, I remember, my dad and I consulted our local parish priest about it because we began to think that maybe she has like bipolar disorder or something.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

It could well be she has some sort of mental health issue. Locking yourself in a room for three days, and having a toddler tantrum everytime she wants something is not normal. It does make me wonder if her parents didn't deal with tantrums very well though, and she got what she wanted if she screamed loud enough. I'm sure my dad's temper is due to something like that.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Definitely. I'd kill for some rain. It only sprinkled for about 15 minutes. Such a let down. i hope it goes okay visiting your dad.
Haha, that does sounds like a let down for sure... It did, thanks... Still feels unreal, but at least I have a place to go...
Old 10-14-2018, 08:51 AM
Can You Spare a Brain?

We’ve had tonnes of rain today. We had a tropical storm come over and it’s been hammering down since 8am

Reply   Post New Thread