Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

Well, Charlie doesn't have to be beloved on this thread because Walter and Paige are.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Well, Charlie doesn't have to be beloved on this thread because Walter and Paige are.
Both of them would absolutely hate Charlie.

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Both of them would absolutely hate Charlie.
So true.

~Heidi
Old 10-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Paige would find him gross, and Walter would find his arrogance laughable, because even with Walter's awkwardness around women, he can tell how superficial Charlie is towards them and would find his overall lack of intellect pathetic.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

I had to look up Charlie Harper - I've never watched Two and a Half Men. I'm talking about a show from the 80's anyway!

I hope that in another 30 years time I will still hear music that makes me think of Scorpion.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

I've had obsessions with several shows - and several ships - over the years. There aren't too many songs that I've associated directly with a ship unless the song was actually used on the show. "Walkin in Memphis" will always make me think of Mulder and Scully from The X-Files; I've always loved "More Than Words", but now it always makes me think of Jane and Lisbon from The Mentalist.

On the other hand, thanks to Nicole (and Roxanne) I can never hear "Shut Up and Dance" without thinking of Wylie and Vega, also from The Mentalist - and that song was never on the show.

~Heidi
Old 10-13-2018, 03:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

In my head I am playing Season 5 of Scorpion Walter and Paige have made up but don't want to tell the others yet so they are sneaking around having hot intimate gooty play
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Loyal Fan

In my mind, Walter and Paige don't make up until many years later (perhaps when Ralph is in his early twenties). Because of the potential Scorpion shut down, Flo bounced, Cabe was reassigned to Centipede and Walter moved off the grid (because he couldn't afford the warehouse rent anymore). When Ralph is older, he gets a job somewhere else in the U.S., and Paige follows because she has no one else. Unbeknownst to them, Walter is also living in the same new city, and by random chance (or fate ), they all meet again in a diner, much like the first meeting.
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)

On the other hand, thanks to Nicole (and Roxanne) I can never hear "Shut Up and Dance" without thinking of Wylie and Vega, also from The Mentalist - and that song was never on the show.
YOU'RE WELCOME.

Even though I made a Waige video to that song that got a surprising number of views, it is forever and always my Wega song.

I can't hear Don't Go Breaking My Heart without thinking of Waige, though obviously that's show canon (and still one of my absolute favorite things ever).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
In my mind, Walter and Paige don't make up until many years later (perhaps when Ralph is in his early twenties). Because of the potential Scorpion shut down, Flo bounced, Cabe was reassigned to Centipede and Walter moved off the grid (because he couldn't afford the warehouse rent anymore). When Ralph is older, he gets a job somewhere else in the U.S., and Paige follows because she has no one else. Unbeknownst to them, Walter is also living in the same new city, and by random chance (or fate ), they all meet again in a diner, much like the first meeting.
See I find that idea incredibly depressing and if that's the route they would have taken, honestly I would almost rather the show be cancelled so I can pretend they don't go the way of Walter and Cabe and lose out on so much time with each other.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
YOU'RE WELCOME.

Even though I made a Waige video to that song that got a surprising number of views, it is forever and always my Wega song.

I can't hear Don't Go Breaking My Heart without thinking of Waige, though obviously that's show canon (and still one of my absolute favorite things ever).

See I find that idea incredibly depressing and if that's the route they would have taken, honestly I would almost rather the show be cancelled so I can pretend they don't go the way of Walter and Cabe and lose out on so much time with each other.
If we had gotten a 5th season I think Walter and Paige would see a lot of each other even if they didn't want to since they both would most likely be competing for the same jobs and most likely have to join forces to save the day when lives are at stake
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think that would have been awful. In my head, they will soon realise what a huge mistake they've made by breaking up and start working towards fixing it all, learning how to communicate and understand each other and ultimately ending up much stronger as a couple than they ever were before.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I think that would have been awful. In my head, they will soon realise what a huge mistake they've made by breaking up and start working towards fixing it all, learning how to communicate and understand each other and ultimately ending up much stronger as a couple than they ever were before.
I certainly hope so. I've said before I feel like they really were just one actual mature conversation away from getting back together (more work then of course, but the reunion has to happen first) and it was just a matter of time before they had that conversation - and Walter seemed ready to have it already at the end of the series.

Old 10-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
While this is an intriguing idea and I like the element of fate in it, I have to agree with the others - I want Waige to figure out their mistake quickly and rectify it.

~Heidi
Old 10-14-2018, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just don't really believe in fate, I guess. Despite the JAG connection to that. So much of Mac and Harm was about fate, but outside of that specific context I don't like it much.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

I don't believe that fate is a controlling force, more like things tend to work out the way they are supposed to. I also like it as a romantic notion when it comes to fictional - and the occasional non-fictional - couples.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread